.

.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Lace

Knitted lace is so pretty...its one of the reasons I wanted to learn to knit. But I have had my issues with it, as I have with most of my other knitting. However, I finally found a scarf pattern that I can handle, even if I can't totally master....

Brooke's Column of Leaves Scarf

I saw this pattern on Pinterest and really liked the design. It looks a bit different blocked out but right now I am really happy with the fact that I only had to frog a half a row one time and that's been it so far. Its an 8 row repeat, which the designer says is very easy to memorize. I guess it would be....if you have been knitting for many years and totally understand what each stitch does. I can do that in crochet...I can look at past rows and know exactly what stitches I did. Not so with knitting. So I have to read stitch by stitch, row by row. Very slow...but at least I am making it. There is a matching hat that I want to make to go with this. Hope I can do it. Wel'll see.

As ever, 

I am Needled

No comments: