.

.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Gingerbread Hat

I did this for a KAL and really liked the idea I got from another person who made the hat to knit a ribbed liner for it. I had some RH Holiday in a burgundy color and thought it would look nice. But I had NO idea what torture it would be to knit with. That stuff is awful! Hurt my fingers....nearly impossible to see any mistakes (which, depending on your situation, might not be such a bad thing), and the texture distorts the cable pattern. But I got through it. I used RH Soft in an off white for the liner.....

Gingerbread Hat

One thing I learned quite by accident is that when you are doing a provisional cast on, make sure your first row is a knit row. If you make knits and purls, you wont be able to pull the chain out. Because I did a k2/p2 rib, I had to cut each individual chain out...that was a PITA. However, I was happy with the hat...it fits nice. Its supposed to be a gift but I really like how it looks so I may just keep it... bwahahahaha!

Its a VERY thick hat, being 2 hats in one, really. It wasn't hard but I will never use RH Holiday again. 

As Ever,

I Am Kneedled


No comments: